[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project? (fwd)

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Mar 17 21:51:13 UTC 2012

In message <4F64F279.4040208 at arcor.de>, ehydra writes:
>Marek Peca schrieb:

>> This was almost the only reason for ferrite rod -- simplicity and
>> attenuation of TVs, some LCDs, 50Hz etc.
>
>If you make the antenna about 10x bigger you can omit the whole ferrite.

I have used two antennas, an unloade air-coil, actually plastic-lid-coil:

	http://phk.freebsd.dk/loran-c/Antenna/

and a vertical monopole based on a Chris Trask design I can highly
recommend:

	http://home.earthlink.net/~christrask/Complementary%20Push-Pull%20Amplifiers.pdf

In my implementation, it covered DC to 200MHz until I low-pass'ed it.