[time-nuts] New GNSS chips from Maxim

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 17 23:47:03 UTC 2012

On 03/17/2012 11:40 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> I wonder if a GPSDO could be built around these chips.

Locking it up to a 10 MHz seems doable, you need to use the fractional
division, but you can make it spot on if my back-of-the-envelope
analysis is correct.

You will have to implement the GPS receiver. You could do SDR, but I
would toss a FPGA in for the digital correlator frontend stuff and then
let the CPU do the rest.

It's a good pair of chips to create some fun. :)

It will give you L1, but not L2 or L5.

Cheers,
Magnus