[time-nuts] IOTECH 488 EPROM

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Wed Mar 21 04:20:14 UTC 2012

> Back to GPIB, in the dark ages, I used one of the ICS boxes which used a Z80
> to emulate an old HP desktop computer. For me, it was heaven. I just
> translated the HP Basic to C.
>

> Rocky Mountain Basic is a way to describe HP Basic out of Colorado without
> getting sued.

HP BASIC was quirky, but boy was it powerful. Many years ago, I had to
decipher some real spaghetti code that an engineer did in HP BASIC and
rewrite it. Actually, I had to do that with with several programs he
wrote. Not one comment in any of them.

As for getting those NI boxes for a few dollars, I need to shop where
you guys do :-) Whenever I look for neat stuff online, it always seems
to be over priced. I rarely get those dirt cheap bargains.

Joe Gray
W5JG