[time-nuts] HP 3586B GPSDO

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:08:14 UTC 2012

Perrier thats because its not really a modification to the 3586.
The 3586 can take any appropriate external reference into the bnc on the
back and lock.
Granted if you have a 3586 that does not have an internal oven (Pretty
common since they get snitched and the 3586 tossed) you could quite easily
adapat any oscilator into the blank space that the old oscillator was in.
Taking power and such from the 3586.
But its simply easier to connect an external source. I run my 5 units off
the station RB ref.
Regards
Paul.