[time-nuts] Experience with THS788 from TI?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Mar 23 11:36:18 UTC 2012

magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org said:
> For high speed digital design this is a good starter: http://www.amazon.com/
> High-Speed-Digital-Design-Handbook/dp/0133957241/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=13324
> 91581&sr=8-1

You forgot the sub-title:
  High Speed Digital Design: A Handbook of Black Magic

I really like it.  It's mostly old style, TTL, low tech, or common sense.
Mostly that means not much math.  But it lists at $84.

There is another pair of books that I really like:
  Lee Richey
  Right the First Time
  http://www.speedingedge.com/rtft_book.htm
  At $170 for the pair, they are expensive for the hobbyist but well worth it
(my opinion) if you are designing commercial boards.

There is a whole branch of this area called Signal Integrity with a mailing
list at:
  SI-LIST
  http://www.freelists.org/archive/si-list
Beware, lots of noise (again, my opinion).  I hate the top-posting culture
but there are enough occasional gems that I'm still subscribed.  (Someday,
I'm going to compute the signal-noise ratio on that list.  :)