[time-nuts] FE5680A x-rays

Jose Camara camaraq1 at quantacorp.com
Wed Mar 28 11:32:11 UTC 2012

Rich:

	Thanks for your work, nice images.
	One problem I see in the composite image is that it seems you opened
the raw files in the wrong mode, and what was 12-bit raw was reduced to only
4 bits (16 gray levels).
	I reopened all from the raw (in 16-vit mac order), combined them
with soft blending and created much nicer composites. There were some
compromises done in blending adjacent images with tall components, due to
perspective, but overall traces can be followed.

	I don't know if this list has a repository, or what's the accepted
practice on sharing files here, so for now they are available on Google Docs
(double zipped so GD doesn't screw up the images):

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B18H4W8aZSP8SVhuLUl0RG1UdnFpUlJ1WHdmeF94Zw

	There are four images, full size and quarter size, jpeg and tiff.

	It would be nice if it was added to other FE5680A repositories. I
cannot guarantee it will stay long on that Google Docs account.

Jose