[time-nuts] pc loran c program

ALAN MELIA alan.melia at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 28 15:45:27 UTC 2012

Peter Martinez G3PLX wrote some software which I think used GPS 1pps sync to receive Canadian eastern stations in the UK and monitor variations in time of arrival.....I dont know that it produces "IDs" I belive that was derived from the GRIs.....I think )Peter named the technique "clicklock" and several others added embellishments. I used one of these for measuring Loran-C sidebands as heard way up on 136kHz (an amateur radio band in Europe and the rest of the World) Peter lost interest in this and moved on, but copies may still be floating around o the web.

Markus Vester DF6NM runs a site that observes and records Loran transmissions worldwide. I dont have the URL in this PC but a google of his name and call + loran should yield something. I believe Markus's program is feely available for amateur use.

Alan
G3NYK