[time-nuts] LORAN C another item figured out station location...

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:27:58 UTC 2012

Several comments and now a press release. That UsraNav is working out of NJ
One of the time-nuts has been saying for several weeks they were using the
NJ site.
Yet the signals indicated Dana and Seneca as the sources.
However that actually could not be
The signal levels between the master and slave were always exactly the same.

Under LORAN C the system supported dual GRI emissions for system economy.
I suggest that under this testing they are doing dual delay emissions.
Very very easy to do and in fact I think the modulators had that capability
built in.

So in fact the only station on the air is the NJ location and using a GRI
of 89700.

Additional comments.
The systems up and down all over the place so catching it on long enough to
allow austrons and FR700 to arrive at accuracy is unlikely to happen. All
reasonable. Just not useful for a time-nut.

Reagrds
Paul
WB8TSL