[time-nuts] Pulsar Source?

Michael Blazer mblazer at satx.rr.com
Wed Mar 28 23:32:30 UTC 2012

Ultimately all pulsars slow down.  Pulsars are rotating neutron stars.
We see the pulse whenever the beam from one of the poles points in our
direction. A pulsar emits a massive amount of energy and there is drag
from the rotating magnetic field in its stellar environment. There is
also matter falling onto the neutron star and the crust can flex and
shift (star quakes).  All these lead to variations in the period.

Mike