[time-nuts] Pulsar Source?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 29 04:56:10 UTC 2012

On 3/28/12 1:11 PM, Tom Knox wrote:

> My thought was to rec it in space before it is degraded and perhaps rec it in the x-ray region. A few Geo Sync Sats doing a correction algorithm for earth position vs the pulsars would not be that complex.
>
> Thomas Knox

What you're talking about is generically called the X-Nav deep space
navigation system. googling NASA XNAV turns up a lot
"XNAV holds great potential for NASA as an enabling technology for fully
autonomous interplanetary navigation and..."

The problem is that nobody has a small, light, X-ray detector that is
good enough.  Invent one and people will beat a path to your door and
fling some money at you (not billions, but certainly enough to tinker on
X-ray detectors for the rest of your life)