[time-nuts] Pulsar Source?

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Fri Mar 30 07:01:24 UTC 2012

El 30/03/2012 05:02, Jim Lux escribió:

> and orientation.  Sort of like a super star tracker all in one!  (You
> can see why NASA is interested..)

And ESA. Last year they published an invitation to tender called Deep
Space Navigation with Pulsars, with the following description excerpt:

The activity will focus on the study of the use of Pulsars for Deep Space
Navigation. Localization of spacecrafts in deep space is today very
challenging and, in same cases, not enough precise and/nor reliable. Highly
rotating neutron starts (also called Pulsars)generate pulses with high stable
periodicity that can be used to locate an object in space.

It had quite a low budget assigned... but seems that it had some
interest. I think I can get the statement of work if somebody is interested.

Best regards,

Javier