[time-nuts] Opera coordinator has resigned

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 31 01:34:40 UTC 2012

On 3/30/12 4:16 PM, Javier Herrero wrote:
> I suppose that when it was photographed, nobody noticed it. After
> noticed that it was no correctly plugged-in, the past pictures were
> reviewed and found that in fact it was not fully plugged in :)

We do this all the time at JPL.  You have someone come in and take lots
of pictures, sort of en masse.  If something goes wrong, then you go
back and look at the pictures.  Sometimes it's a tiny detail that wasn't
noticeable until you knew what to look for.

(and we've also had loose connector problems.. thankfully not in space
that I'm aware of, but I've had more than one SMA that wasn't fully
torqued. You can't tell the difference by looking whether it was finger
tight or torqued.  But after rolling the rack of gear around and
shipping it across country a couple times.....)