[time-nuts] HP Z3801A Sale

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Mar 31 06:11:57 UTC 2012

> There really is nothing much to this "modification."  The Z3801A is already
> designed to easily work on either interface, but most units are configured
> for RS-422 as the default.  It takes perhaps a half-hour to remove a few
> zero-ohm SMD resistors and solder in a header strip.  The simple procedure
> is described and illustrated here: <www.ad6a.com/Z3801A.html>

You don't need the header strip.   There are empty slots waiting for some of
the 0-ohm jumpers you have to remove.

I think they are the three to the right of the circle in figure-13 of the
above URL.  You can work out which is which by following the traces or using
an ohm-meter.

Here is another URL in case you want a second opinion:
  http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/Z3801AReceiverModifications