[time-nuts] 1 pps correction

Martyn Smith martyn at ptsyst.com
Sat Mar 31 13:26:28 UTC 2012

Hello,

I’m a bit new to GPS receivers.  I’m reading all about sawtooth correction of the 1 pps output signal, on the ilotus M12M or M12+.

I understand that correction can either be hardware controlled or software controlled.

Does anyone make a low cost stand alone board to carry out this correction?

I.E something that takes the raw 1 pps and serial data from the GPS receiver and produces a cleaner 1 pps output?

I’ve seen that the peak to peak jitter is reduced from something like 27 ns to < 10 ns.

Is this a reduction of just the jitter, or is the actual accuracy to UTC also improved by this amount.

Regards

Steve Jones