[time-nuts] 1 pps correction

Kevin Rosenberg kevin at rosenberg.net
Sat Mar 31 18:49:43 UTC 2012

On Mar 31, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Brooke Clarke wrote:
> But for the general first case the hardware solution with the delay line is the only way.  I think there may be an exception specifically for the PRS10 in that it may accept a sawtooth correction on the RS-232 input (I seem to remember that).

Your memory is correct, though it requires a later PRS10
firmware that permits setting the 'TO' parameter.
I wrote a C program for Darwin/Cygwin that reads the sawtooth
correction from an iLotus M12 and sets the 'TO' on the PRS10.

Ultimate goal was to target a microcontroller to drive the
software correction. But, with the PRS10's prefilter, I'm
not sure (and didn't measure) how important the sawtooth correction
was for the PRS10's PPS output.

Kevin