[time-nuts] Sw for pm6680B

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed May 2 17:08:06 UTC 2012

On 05/02/2012 09:52 AM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
> With the 350pS single shot resolution the PM6680 can't replace the 20pS of
> the 5370. Keep the 5370 as well. The PM6681 is 50pS. The SR620 is 25pS.

Exactly what I wanted to point out. The 5370 has very good noise floor,
so you want that until you have something significantly better.

However, the PM6680 is much niftier for day-to-day work and for many
long-term measures is far than sufficient anyway.

If the noise annoys you on the fan, replace it with a more quiet fan
from this millenium. Also mount a fan on the heat-sink, as it burns a
little too much for self-convection to work well for that heatsink.

Cheers,
Magnus