[time-nuts] Setting up PRS10 with M12+T GPS

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed May 2 21:49:05 UTC 2012

Hi Azelio,

On 05/02/2012 11:19 PM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
>> The phase of the PPSOUT and the generated 10 MHz will probably not align
> up,>something which is critical to some applications.
> Yes, for example the DVB-T SFN requires the PPS and 10MHz phases to be
> aligned, better, not to move. This requires to slightly alter the 10MHz to
> keep the PPS aligned.

Actually, DVB-T SFN doesn't really require that. It is claimed that some
transmitters do require it, but I still want hard evidence for that.

I keep hearing strange interpretations of what DVB-T SFN really
requires. The spec leaves room for improvement.

> Let me ask Bjorn: did you succeed in aligning the two PRS10? Moreover, what
> do you mean by "each other", a scheme like this:
>

> |-------------------------------------------------------------------|
> |                                                                   |
> |       PRS10A                        PRS10B           |
> |--->PPS IN PPS OUT------>PPS IN PPS OUT--|
>

> hoping that the font doesn't mess up the ASCII schematic...

PRS10A     PRS10B
PPSOUT --> PPSIN
PPSIN  <-- PPSOUT

I believe he meant.

I also believe he used a separate source for the later experiment.

Cheers,
Magnus