[time-nuts] Setting up PRS10 with M12+T GPS

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Wed May 2 22:42:38 UTC 2012

> Yes, all made clear.
> Trigger on Ch.4, I see. You have written "green: 10MHz PRS10B" but it must
> be A, otherwise it seems that the PPS and the 10MHz of the PRS10 are not
> phase aligned. Moreover, the PRS10B seems to track the PRS10A with "some
> delay" as the 10MHz from A spreads on more than 5nS (useful, the infinite
> persistence, isn't it? I use it a lot)

I had

    locked Tbolt 1PPS going into PPS_IN of PRS10A
    PPS Out of PRS10A going into PPS_IN of PRS10B.

I watched/measured
    1) PPS out from Tbolt on ch 1  (yellow)
    2) 10MHz out from PRS10A on ch 2 (green)   // Corrected
    3) 10MHz out from PRS10B on ch 3 (blue)    // Corrected
    4) 1PPS out from PRS10 B on ch 4 (red)

I should do some proper measurements with TIC, instead of just 'watching'
on the scope. Yes the 1pps and 10MHz is ofcause stable within the same
PRS10. But should not the 10MHz zero crossing be aligned with the 1PPS?
Cables were not perfectly matched, but should be within 2-3ns of each
other.

Yes, persistance is very nice!

--

   Björn