[time-nuts] HP 5334A battery

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu May 3 16:40:21 UTC 2012

Hi:

Shelf life is the key spec for memory backup batteries.  The worst possible type are rechargeable which go dead in a few
months.
Next best are primary batteries where Alkaline (a few years) is good, but newer chemistries like Lithium primary have >>
10 year shelf life.
So a computer memory backup battery is the best choice.  The largest one that fits the space will have much more
capacity than the old battery because batteries have improved a lot in the past 10 years.
http://www.prc68.com/I/batt.shtml#CC

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com