[time-nuts] FS700 antenna

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri May 4 22:22:59 UTC 2012

Paul,

On 05/04/2012 09:11 PM, Paul swed wrote:
> Magnus
> I finally get to help you after several years.

:)

> Any antenna will do. But it must draw a certain amount of current. I use a
> 430 ohm 1/2 watt resistor to insure that the 700 knows it has an antenna.
> There is a antenna simulator in the manual.

I saw that. It came with full manual.

> By the way I feed that and
> numbers of other loran C rcvrs from a home brew active splitter so I have
> to have the resistor on that feed.
> The 700 has a great deal of sensitivity so it offers lots of flexibility.

I've considered building an input amplifier similar to what is page
14/14 of the schematics sheets. It has a 3 pole Bessel filter, alongside
a JFET amplifier.

> If you have the $ buy a new one. But pretty sure you can't buy them anymore
> from SRS.

They are listed in their web-shop.

Oh, I also have option 01, so I have a nice SC10 OCXO in there. :)

I'll see what a resistor and a patch-cable for fake antenna does to it.

Cheers,
Magnus