[time-nuts] Oh dear

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Mon May 7 15:20:55 UTC 2012

All this kerfuffle about that Rubidium Clock kind of misses the point.
This is not some "Audiophool" thing but a serious piece of gear used for
recording studios.  I am not going to get into the pricing of it, but if
you add up the cost of a /new/ Rb unit, distribution amp, power supply
and back up batteries built into a case, it starts to add up.

I see nothing odd about wanting to get the best possible source for the
Master Clock for your master recordings.

My son does run a small studio and for him I was able to make a version
of that unit, for a lot less money of course.  If he says it improves
the sound of the recordings, and his customers agree, I am inclined to
believe him.

What could be more "time nuts" than wanting a precise clock?

Dan