[time-nuts] Chat Room?

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon May 7 15:40:11 UTC 2012

> Time nuts has turned in to a chat room to  people that have diarrhea  of
> their fingers. The result is that many of us  converse off list and do not
> contribute to meaningful dialog.
> Are there not rules and if yes, should they not be respected  and adhered
> to?
> Bert Kehren

Bert,

The guidelines, if any: http://leapsecond.com/time-nuts.htm

My original intent for the group was that postings be the result of
some level of research, experiment, or significant experience.
The group has wide and deep interests and experiences; it's a
learning opportunity for all of us when this is shared. But it needs
to stay on topic to work.

At times we moderate the postings but this is very time intensive
so mostly we just rely on everyone's restraint to keep the list on
topic. It seems the larger problem is not so much the occasional
OT posting but the meteor shower of shallow replies that follow.

If any of you have suggestions on how to improve the list send
me an email, off-line: tvb at leapsecond.com

/tvb