[time-nuts] Oh dear

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon May 7 16:25:25 UTC 2012

On Mon, 7 May 2012 18:19:19 +0200
Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> Of course, you have
> to keep the clock signal clean of any disturbance that might add modulations
> to it. But that's a matter of keeping the power supply clean and having the
> signal shielded. It's not an inherent property of an Rb to have low jitter.
> And as we all know from the recent  hype on the FE-5860As and the
> following measurements, not all Rb's are low jitter.

Addendum: Just to make sure it doesn't sound like i think that
engineering audio devices is easy. Dealing with audioable frequencies
is probably one of the most tedious tasks you can give to an electrical
engineer these days. You have to deal with very low frequencies and you
are not allowed to do averaging...

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?