[time-nuts] Oh dear

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:49:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 May 2012 08:20:55 -0700
> Dan Rae <danrae at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I see nothing odd about wanting to get the best possible source for the
>> Master Clock for your master recordings.

You are right about that.  But there are better clocks at 1/10th of the price.

Also in a recording studio, many times you need to phase lock to an
existing source and you do NOT want to be dead-on to some specific
frequency.  Jitter matters more then being frequency accurate.   And
end use would never hear a 1E-6 absolute frequency error, and I mean
"never".  But relative frequency errors and jitter is audible

As for audiophool's home playback systems there is no need at all for
an Rb clock.   They would do much better with an $50 OCXO in a box.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California