[time-nuts] frequency (absolute) accuracy in sound recording/playback

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Tue May 8 01:42:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 06:13:56PM -0700, J. Forster wrote:
> A movie may be 7000 seconds, and you may need a fairly stable timebase,
> but every movie I've watched is made up of short (<300 second) scenes that
> are placed sequentially on the framework.

	5-10 seconds a cut is quite common, and less than that usual
for some things.

	Digital video has a timing mechanism (PCR) built in that
is intended to take care of this... everything is time stamped in ticks
of a 27 MHz clock... and all the renderers locked to that time base.

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in