[time-nuts] frequency (absolute) accuracy in sound recording/playback

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue May 8 03:43:38 UTC 2012

On 5/7/12 6:13 PM, J. Forster wrote:
> A movie may be 7000 seconds, and you may need a fairly stable timebase,
> but every movie I've watched is made up of short (<300 second) scenes that
> are placed sequentially on the framework.
>
> You are not meshing together a pair or multiplicity of 7000 second event
> sequences. E#very time you edit in another scene, you put the bricks end
> to end, so to speak.

That's a good point..

In any case, though, I can see where someone might want a decent always
good enough reference, as opposed to some lame non TC XO.  It's sort of
a quantum thing... rather than "almost good enough" just bite the
bullet, buy the equivalent of a prs10 with the right interface and you
never have to think about it again.