[time-nuts] Faster than light of a different type

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue May 8 06:52:00 UTC 2012

jws at jwsss.com said:
> At least let someone  claim that this affects climate change before you
> condemn it or make a  comment like this.

> On 5/7/2012 6:38 PM, Tom Knox wrote:
>> Yea NIST and JILA keep pushing pseudo science, and they keep on recieveing
>> the Noble Prize in Physics for these ideas.

I read Tom's comment as tongue in cheek.  (I admit I had to google for JILA.
I do have friends who live withing walking/biking distance of NIST in
Boulder.)

A quick google finds that NIST has 3 Nobel prizes.  (all in physics)
  http://www.nist.gov/pml/news/index.cfm

In my opinion, that's way above any threshold for serious good work.  (I
wonder how many of their important papers I could understand?)

Has anybody read the Phys Rev paper that started this discussion?  (The one
behind the paywall.)  Can you translate it to something us mortals can
understand?

---------

Maybe we should lobby for a prize in timekeeping.  :)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.