[time-nuts] 40 DB antenna results

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Wed May 9 04:45:48 UTC 2012

I replaced the Mushroom that came with my Thunderbolt
with the 40 db gain antenna.

The Mushroom had about ten feet of 50 Ohm rg58.
I made a 50 foot rg6 cable with an N connector at
one end to fit the antenna.

I am attaching the antenna survey.  As you can surmise,
trees block the sky view to the west.

For most of the attached survey, I was using a
satellite TV splitter so I could watch for stuff
with a spectrum analyzer.

I can barely see anything on a spectrum analyzer.
Overall thunderbolt performance seems the same,
but there is now enough signal to allow a splitter.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com