[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution SMT - good/bad/indifferent?

Sam lists at digitalelectric.com.au
Wed May 9 17:03:12 UTC 2012

Hi Mark,

This looks like a interesting receiver.

There is no mention of an enable pin in the manual, and it states that "The Resolution SMT GPS embedded timing board is configured to automatically output the 0x8F-AB and 0x8F-AC packets" so I guess you would expect to see something.. can you see the PPS pulse? Is the reset pin low somehow?

Maybe the latest build (8th March 2012) of Trimble Studio might be helpful, It has the SMT version listed in it's configuration menu.

ftp://ftp.trimble.com/pub/sct/misc/bin/TrimbleStudio/TrimbleStudio.exe

http://www.dpie.com/manuals/gps/trimble/ResolutionSMT_1A_UserGuide_5347.pdf

Sam.