[time-nuts] Clocks for Audio gear

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Thu May 10 20:16:44 UTC 2012

Don't forget the human mind can compensate for a lot of things. Think
of how we can triangulate a sound source in realtime even with the
included echos in a small room. The only thing that I can think of
that messes with that system is a single tone setting up standing
waves. It's impressive if you think about it.

So, it's probably not much of a stretch to imagine the mind
compensating for a little movement here and there (since we have
controls and feedback to monitor that). It may just take a few
thousand years for us to evolve to deal with distortion due to jitter
in our digital recordings :)

All fun aside. This has been a worth while thread in my opinion. I'm
learning more this week, than others watching this list!