[time-nuts] Clocks for Audio gear

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu May 10 21:25:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 11:36:40 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> Heartbeats may be more interesting than breathing.  Does anybody know of
> spectrum domain data?  It should be possible to collect position info while
> also monitoring heartbeat and chest diameter and then crunch some numbers do
> see how much of the position correlates with heartbeat vs breathing and then
> plot each part in the frequency domain.

Please do not forget that there is a quite sofisticated error correction
system attached to the hear, which we usually refere to as "the brain".

Breathing and heart beat are filtered out and corrected for by the brain,
otherwise we would have difficulties to hear a lot of things.
For more infos, please have a look at perceptual psychology. A not too
bad introduction to that field is "Sensation and Perception"
by E. B. Goldstein.

But please do not expect mathematical rigor in that field. It's still
a subfield of psychology.

				Attila Kinali
--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?