[time-nuts] wwvb weak on east coast especially when the pre-amps under water.

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon May 14 21:04:13 UTC 2012

Magnus is right lots of ways for water to sneak in.
So I have not had time to figure it out yet. But it is a copper loop and I
suspect the place its joining the preamp box let water in over time. The
fact is even a small pin hole that allows air in and out thats humid can
allow water buildup. But this is a lot and I need to figure out what
happened. Its a homebrew antenna but am sure over years even the best can
leak. Its about  2ft loop and I had been doing calcs on a 10 ft square loop
and such.
I suspect that would help quite a bit on the east coast. Time will tell.
Still doing a bit of planning and will need to sink some piers for that
size of an antenna.
Regards
Paul.