[time-nuts] wwvb weak on east coast especially when the pre-amps under wa...

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue May 15 02:39:28 UTC 2012

K3WRY at aol.com said:
> If you can keep the boards in a vertical mount position, and they have been
> sprayed with a conformal coating, the heat from the components and the
> coating will keep any moisture from forming on the boards in a vertical
> position.  We do this in several products we supply to the military.

Does this help significantly for an antenna preamp that doesn't dissipate
much power?

How much power does a board have to dissipate to keep dry?  I assume it
depends upon the size of the board, but I doubt if it's linear.

What's magic about vertical for keeping dry?  I'd expect a vertical board to
have better air flow and hence better cooling, but does that keep it dryer?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.