[time-nuts] Conformal Coating

Lee Mushel herbert3 at centurytel.net
Tue May 15 04:30:57 UTC 2012

Be careful!   You have now introduced a "label" into the discussion that
might trigger some vendor into thinking that you are looking for a UV Cured
coating.   And those things can be something you don't want to mess with.

Back in the 70's when those coatings first appeared no one bothered to take
note that they are very chemically reactive---they have to be since UV light
is not a particularly agressive curing agent and to compensate for that UV
"cured"  (not simply something that fluoresces)materials  tend to be stuff
that you don't want to come in contact with.   I can show you some places on
my left hand that break into open sores today, some 35 years later.
Today, no one doubts that they are carcinogens.

Lee Mushel