[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution-T SMT caught behaving badly

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 15 06:19:15 UTC 2012

> I am planning on making a simple NTP server using the Resolution SMT as
> the PPS input and a Rb oscillator (or any other 10MHz clock) to clock
> the CPU on the computer. If people are interested in a friendly
> interface board to the device let me know. My initial interface board
> design puts the PPS on the Carrier Detect line at RS-232 levels as is
> typical for this sort of thing, but USB is also very easy to do.

[Off-list]

Michael, yes, I would be interested in two boards.  Likely I would be
feeding the unit from +5V from a USB cable, so an on-board +3.3V regulator
would be helpful, as would a connection to the non-standard header.  I
don't have SMT soldering capabilities, so either a standard 0.1-inch DIL
style board, or a completed unit would be best.  I would be prepared to
pay up to around US $20 per board.  Serial output from an RS-232 level
port would suit, although I can see scope for a USB-emulated serial as
well.  That sounds like a major complication for the board, though.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk