[time-nuts] Why are 1PPS signals so skinny?

MailLists lists at medesign.ro
Wed May 16 06:07:33 UTC 2012

As most PSs for digital circuitry include a regulator, it's output
impedance at 1Hz is low enough to "filter" most out of it - see the load
transient response diagram of the used regulator - as the open loop gain
of the regulator's internal error amplifier at such a low frequency is
practically equal to that of DC gain.
While the 1Hz component is of no concern (power consumption left aside),
the fast edges pose a higher demand on proper decoupling.