[time-nuts] NTGS50AA, better than Thunderbolt?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 18:05:25 UTC 2012

Attached is a plot from when I first started running it.  The oscillator was still settling in after a long, long, nap and a trip or two around the world.  Still,  the drift rate was 1.5e-10 parts per day.   After another week,  the DAC line slope went positive for a couple of days and then went horizontal (like low E-12 range).

Ignore the tempco number,  it's bogus since it depends upon the active temperature control for accurate numbers.  But note that none of those temp cycles show up in the other plots.  The PPS and OSC plots are well over an order of magnitude better than what an un-temperature-compensated tbolt would show.

I'd say the receiver is a couple of dB better than a tbolt.  My tbolts show some sats with dBc numbers in the 48-49 range on that antenna
Do you have data/plots on this and your previous NTGS50AA?