[time-nuts] Serial port server .. any interest in a write up onusing ?

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Tue May 22 15:37:55 UTC 2012

My solution is 100% compatible with the OS. That is, no special drivers.

I have had issues with some programs using "virtual" ports.

Magma boxes were common in digital audio recording prior to really "wide" (multichannel) sound cards. I've run 5 soundcards at a time under linux with the Magma box. Any kernel 2.6 or higher can use the Magma scheme. It also runs on win2k and win7. Mac too in theory, but I don't use Apple hardware so I can't verify this.