[time-nuts] For my whole life timezones have been weird

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Sat Nov 3 17:04:26 UTC 2012

On 11/3/2012 6:32 AM, Sarah White wrote:

> /Wonder if there is any sensible way to petition microsoft to fix this
> stupid mistake dating back to the DOS era. Windows 8 / metro is out now,
> and I can't bloody stand the changes. Would be nice if windows 7 had an
> update to fix this issue:
>
> //http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687252/

The knowledge base article you report suggests a fix which consists in eliminating one entry
of the Windows registry. I checked, and my Windows XP Professional + SP3 does not have
that entry. So probably Microsoft did already issue a fix for that, in one of the many updates
released. I keep my Windows always up-to-date, applying each and every fixes issued by
Microsoft.  Doing this, I have never had problems.

73  Alberto  I2PHD