[time-nuts] FE-5680A firmware dump (at last!)

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Thu Nov 8 15:32:06 UTC 2012

Elio,

The problem with diassemblers is they only do what
the author needed.  And, different people have
different needs, and different ideas of what is best.

I find that I use different disassemblers at different
times.  Some handle one problem very well, others handle
others better.  For a piddley little microprocessor like
an 8051, it takes very little time to audition a whole
bunch of disassemblers, to find out what works best for
you.

My LMGTFY response was to the request for a free 8051
disassembler.  If you want something for free, you will
have to take what is available.  What is available, is
easily found by using google.  Notice that I did not
tag the LGMTFY to your original message.

IDA is not something that I am willing to afford.  If
I need something different from what one of the open
source projects can supply, I put on my coding hat
and do it my way.

You should buy IDA, clearly nothing else would do for
your needs.

-Chuck Harris