[time-nuts] WWVB not psk modulated over the weekend and d-psk-r update

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:08:28 UTC 2012

Hello to the group.
A very brief update. WWVB was not psk modulated all weekend.
But starting on Thursday I was able to run the d-psk-r using a spectracom
8163 and it does indeed work here on the east coast.
I want to get a bit more time under the belt. If the PSK had run all
weekend I would have more confidence.
I have a document written that I will share on how I am doing it. There are
numbers of other approaches. But it looks like this one does work for at
least 1.5 days.
The other approach being worked on is a pure costas loop. Thats been slow.
Not because its hard just time to do it.
Lastly there has to be some very different approaches to this such as a
purely digital correction. Sort of a digital delay lock loop were you
trigger on the edge sync a non synchronous higher frequency clock and count
cycles looking for an incoming phase shift.....
Just not enough time in the day.
Regards
Paul.