[time-nuts] SR620 software and adjustment

Eric Garner garnere at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 17:52:13 UTC 2012

Volker:

This is the adjustment procedure that I used:

Use the following adjustment sequence to get the frequency spot on:

1. Set the Cal jumper to Cal Enable
2. Connect the reference to Ext Ref (rear) and Input A
3. Switch the counter to Ext Ref
4. Set the CalByte 50 for the best display (this is a very fine adjustement)
5. Switch the counter to Int Ref
6. Set the CalByte 4 for the best display (this adjustement is coarse,
optimize!)
7. Set the Cal jumper to Cal Disable

The procedure can be found in the list archives and at Brooke Clarke's
website at: http://www.prc68.com/I/TandFTE.shtml

-Eric

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Volker Esper <ailer2 at t-online.de> wrote:

> Sorry, I don't want to annoy you, but I can't find the alignment/adjustment
> procedure for the SR620 - once, I had it... :-( I don's mean that in the
> manual, there must be another one Bob talked about.
>
> By the way: is there any suitable vindous software out there, for talking
> (and listening) to the SR620 via RS-232? A program like Ulrichs Z38xx would
> be nice...
>
> Thanks a lot and please don't be annoyed - I guess this kind of question is
> not very inspiring.
>
> Volker

--Eric