[time-nuts] HP-53132A Faded and flickering display

Edgardo Molina xe1xus at amsat.org
Wed Nov 14 03:37:08 UTC 2012

Dear Azelio, Tom, John and Luciano ( I hope I am not missing anybody),

Thank you all of you for your kind advise on this subject. I am sorry I was unable to reply in a timely manner. I had to leave town for a week for new IT business. I think I will start by dismantling the unit display and test the tantalum capacitors as you mentioned. If I can achieve success by doing this it is fine. Otherwise I could consider using it as the GPIB workhorse as I just started to obtain my first ADEV, MDEV and TDEV graphs with TimeLab and a Prologix adapter. May I know the command for turning the display off via the GPIB port? That is something nice for long periods of sampling.

A whole new world has just opened to me. Know I am starting to get intimate with my frequency standards by knowing them in deep. If all goes well I should start updating my wish list for a Wavecrest DTS unit next year. For now I will squeeze every single Tau value from the graphs using the 53132A.

Last but not least. If the display fades away I could eventually consider buying a new one as the whole instrument is in pristine condition and would be a shame to see it working without a brilliant display.
Thank you for all your feedback.

Wishing you all a pleasant evening/morning.

Kind regards,

Edgardo Molina
Dirección IPTEL

www.iptel.net.mx

T : 55 55 55202444
M : 04455 10045822

Piensa en Bits SA de CV

Información anexa:

CONFIDENCIALIDAD DE INFORMACION

Este mensaje tiene carácter confidencial. Si usted no es el destinarario de este mensaje, le suplicamos se lo notifique al remitente mediante un correo electrónico y que borre el presente mensaje y sus anexos de su computadora sin retener una copia de los mismos. Queda estrictamente prohibido copiar este mensaje o hacer usode el para cualquier propósito o divulgar su en forma parcial o total su contenido. Gracias.

NON-DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION

This email is strictly confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please immediately advise the sender by replying to this e-mail and then deleting the message and its attachments from your computer without keeping a copy. It is strictly forbidden to copy it or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any third party. Thank you.