[time-nuts] HP-53132A Faded and flickering display

Arnold Tibus arnold.tibus at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 17:58:38 UTC 2012

Am 14.11.2012 06:41, schrieb Tom Knox:
> Hi Edgardo;
> I have been looking for a part number and source. There was a part number posted but it was for the 34401A which is slightly different. I will post price and availability if I find them.
> Best Wishes;
> Thomas Knox

Hi Edgardo,

I bought my used hp-53132A from a local surplus dealer together with a
new spare display, because the display was as well already grey-shaded.
It looks like this is a well known issue on vaccuum fluorescence
displays, because the previous owner was prepared and had some spares in
their stock.
The spare display is manufactured by the japanese company 'itron' and
has the item no. 'CC1187G' on the backside.
I was very lucky to get both together for a reasonable amount.
It does look to be problem now to find such spares, the only company I
found having that part number listed in internet is chip-sale dot com.
(this does not look to be cheap ...)
I was not able to find this number at http://www.noritake-itron.com.
Sorry that I do not have better information, perhaps other groop members
do find a way with this part number.
good luck,

Arnold