[time-nuts] Inexpensive modular gps with 1pps

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 12:30:20 UTC 2012

i just used this to with a raspberry pi with good success.

https://www.adafruit.com/products/746

james

It looks idea, James, but ... with the 15 mm square patch antenna it seems
deaf compared to similar devices with 25 mm antennas.  Perhaps
understandable, but I just bought one and it's been sitting for well over an
hour and not yet acquired lock.  The device I bought from China, sitting
next to it, has been happily locked for that whole period.  (As I'm running
a test I don't want to unlock the other device).  Just a caveat for someone
considering using these devices indoors - size matters!

25 mm antenna device:
  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/NEO-6M-under-initial-test.jpg
  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

Cheers,