[time-nuts] getting a grip on 10811 drift (trying to read my instruments)

Graham / KE9H timenut at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 15 21:40:56 UTC 2012

Chris:

This says your EFC circuit is not working, and you are only
getting 0.05 Hz frequency change across the -5 to +5 EFC range.
The spec on the HP10811 is 1.0 Hz minimum.

And, yes, in a counter the  EFC circuit is not used, so no one would
know if it failed.

It is very simple circuit.  The only active component is a
varactor that the EFC voltage is applied to.

There was a very recent thread about someone else that
had to replace that varactor in a HP10811 and what he
used.

Search for thread titled "HP 10811 Tuning Diode."
 From the period October 18 through October 19, 2012.

--- Graham

==