[time-nuts] WWVB cheap chip saa6579 RDS decoder back to the chip

ehydra ehydra at arcor.de
Fri Nov 16 00:14:45 UTC 2012

paul swed schrieb:
> To the saa6579
> As mentioned in the other thread.
> Simple to hook up.
> Cheap
> Requires 1000uv or more so that ends up making things more complicated.

S/N is important, not so absolute amplitude.

> But in my case simply did not really work at 57 or 60 Khz.

The chip looks for correct phase for about 50ms (max. 100ms). Did you
check carefully that in this time-frame the phase never inversed or
amplitude dropped down temporary?

Maybe you misunderstood the modulation scheme anyway? It is not native BPSK!

> As some someone pointed out you may have to take the clock and data to a
> flip flop to get the correct information.

Where is "someone"?

As I understood the datasheet you get maximum processing time (set-up
time) for the data-bit if you use a D-FF delaying DATA strobed by CLOCK.

- Henry

--
ehydra.dyndns.info