[time-nuts] Z3805 two frequency maxima

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Nov 17 16:55:19 UTC 2012

Hi

That's what you get if you have "sub harmonic" energy in the output of your OCXO. I'd bet you a warm glass of beer that you have a 5 MHz / doubled to 10 MHz MTI OCXO in your Z3805.  If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can calculate the likely level of the energy from the amount of jitter (spacing between the two peaks) you get.

Bob