[time-nuts] getting a grip on 10811 drift (trying to read my instruments)

Chris Howard chris at elfpen.com
Sat Nov 17 17:08:58 UTC 2012

The picture, if attached, did not come through.
Probably it was stripped off by the mailing list software.

I did located what I believe you were speaking of.
A small white donut placed in the circuit board which
was an attachment point for the trimmer and a smaller
fixed capacitor and the "blue" wire going to the
crystal.  Mine looked ok but maybe a bit dry
compared to two other such fixtures on the middle
board.  So I touched it up with more solder on
both sides.  I also touched up the other end
of the small fixed capacitor.

I have the oscillator running and so far it seems
happier. It warmed up faster, the trimmer adjustment
seems more sure-footed.