[time-nuts] Warning if buying from directly from Agilent via eBay with Paypal.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 18 06:32:54 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: David Kirkby
[]
This is some of the communication between me and Agilent on eBay. I
think it is clear Agilent wanted to use Paypal, and I did not. It was
Agilent who said I should split the payment into two - one of $10,000
and the other of $7,736
[]
Dave
======================================

$17,736 seems a high price when the "typical configured" is US $13,200 (GBP
8308):

  http://www.home.agilent.com/en/pd-1760161-pn-N9923A/fieldfox-handheld-rf-vector-network-analyzer-4-6-ghz?&cc=GB&lc=eng

I have also experienced currency problems - when the US $ changed between me
quoting and him paying.  Accused me of all sorts when it was simply that
there were currency fluctuations and my quote was in GBP.  He ended up
paying more dollars, and didn't like it at all!

David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk